- Students who achieve not only academically, but also display leadership qualities and a desire for social equity, will be eligible for the scholarships.
- The scholarships represent the University of California’s commitment to diversity, equality, and making higher education more accessible to all.
The University of Canberra has launched the Vice-Social Chancellor’s Champion Scholarship, which will allow financially disadvantaged offshore students who are involved in making a difference in the community to continue their studies in Australia.
The scholarship has a total combined value of up to USD 200,000 per student, which includes tuition fees for the course duration, on-campus housing, and a monthly allowance of USD 10,000. (Australian dollars).
Students who achieve not only academically, but also display leadership qualities and a desire for social equity, will be eligible for the scholarships. The award seeks to support financially disadvantaged individuals who want to further their undergraduate or postgraduate studies while also making a constructive contribution to the community.
The scholarships represent the University of California’s commitment to diversity, inclusivity, and making higher education more accessible to all.
In the 2021 Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings for eliminating inequities, UC was ranked top in the world.
Paddy Nixon, vice-chancellor and president of the University of Canberra, stated regarding the scholarship, “Our fellowship is created for overseas students who demonstrate UC’s core values and a dedication to social involvement, sustainability, and decreasing disparities.”
We are glad to provide this chance to students who may not have the financial means to study abroad.
This is an exciting time for us, and we look forward to welcome Indian students to participate and receive their applications.”
To apply, students must submit a written statement demonstrating their financial need, values, and experience in the following areas:
- The potential to develop into a leader in a way that accepts and furthers the ideas of social and economic equality, as well as the practise of these principles
- Making a beneficial impact on the community by challenging the status quo, pioneering new approaches, and motivating others to do the same
- Curiosity as well as a desire to learn from, interact with, and connect with points of view originating from a diverse array of cultural backgrounds
International students who are planning to begin their studies at the University of California in the Fall Semester of 2023 will be eligible to apply for one of three available scholarships. The submission period will begin on the 1st of April 2022 and end on the 9th of October 2022. Students who are interested in applying for the VC’s Social Champion Scholarship must first complete the online application form, which can be found on the official website of the University of Canberra at www.canberra.edu.au/social-champion.
Eligibility for University of Canberra Scholarship
- You are not currently located in Australia at the time this application is being processed.
- You have submitted an application to the University of Canberra for an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree, but you have not yet begun your studies there.
- You have achieved a grade point average of at least 80 percent, thereby satisfying the academic criteria for the programme (or equivalent).
- You are in possession of a letter of offer from the University of Canberra in any of its guises, be it unconditional, conditional, or provisional.
- You are submitting an application for a student visa to study in Australia (subclass 500).
- You are a starting student.
- You are the primary applicant for this visa. Both the dependents and the original visa applicant are ineligible for the award. Additionally, the dependents cannot accompany the primary visa applicant.
The Vice-Social Chancellor’s Champion Scholarships 2023 at the University of Canberra are available to pursue Undergraduate, Postgraduate, or Graduate level programmes at the University of Canberra. This scholarship is the largest one it has ever offered.
Benefits of the Scholarship
- This scholarship will cover all of your tuition expenses for the entirety of the programme as well as provide you with on-campus housing.
- It will award up to fifty thousand dollars annually.
- A yearly financial allowance of $10,000 Australian Dollars
- Additional incidental costs incurred within the first year
The regions of South America, Southeast Asia, Africa, and South Asia
The application process will begin on April 1, 2022, with the opening of applications, and will end on October 9, 2022, with the closing of applications. In November 2022, applicants who were shortlisted will be contacted to schedule interviews.
The conclusion of the scholarship competitions will be revealed in December of 2022.
To submit an application for the VC’s Social Champion Scholarship, you will need to fill out the online application form.
Apply right now! Have a look at the terms and conditions.